A Perfect Wedding Chapel for Intimate Marriages
& Wedding Pictures
(This is general information)
A Georgia issued marriage license is required. Usually the County Probate Court issues marriage licenses. The process is Fast and Easy!
A Perfect Wedding Chapel of Georgia is certified to perform Marriage Ceremonies in FULTON County and all 159 Georgia Counties.
The bride and groom must each be 18 years of age to apply for a marriage license without parental consent.
About GEORGIA Marriage Licenses
1. Apply where: County Probate Court
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 in certain counties with parental consent
3. Cost/fees: $16-$67, depending on whether the couple completes a qualifying premarital education program and whether a certified copy of the license is included.
4. Identification: birth certificate, driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, military identification card
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: License is available for residents and non residents.
7. Witnesses: Optional, but not required.
8. License Validity: All over Georgia, indefinitely, but use it within 1 year.
9. Waiting Period: No
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No, but common law marriages predating January 1, 1997 remain valid
More Questions/Answers about Marriage Licenses
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Georgia, both members of the couple must contact a County Probate Court to fill out a marriage license application and pick it up in person. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony by a certified officiant or minister while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority. After the marriage license has been recorded, the Probate Court will issue a certified marriage certificate as proof of marriage.
Both members of the couple must prove that they have reached the eligible age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Georgia?
The cost for a marriage license in Georgia varies from $16 to $67 depending on the county and whether the couple has completed a qualifying premarital education course.
How old do you have to be to get married in DeKalb County?
You must reach the minimum of 18 years of age to get married in Georgia. Some counties allow individuals between 16 and 18 to marry with parental consent.
Here are some helpful links to some Georgia marriage license information and applications. Most counties allow you to apply online to speed up the process.